The X-RAD in a PCI Express form factor hardware development platform that can be used for a variety of applications, such as Software Defined Radio and Satellite Modem/Transceiver.
The X-RAD module has been optimized to provide high performance signal conversion using high speed ADCs and DACs. Paired with a Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA, algorithms such as digital up/down conversion, FIR filtering, digital modulation/demodulation, and other functions associated with processing a 500MHz of higher Transponder block in satellite communication applications can be developed.
- Software Defined Radio's
- Satellite MODEM's
- High End/Military Wireless Communication Systems
- WiMAX/LTE Development
- Multi-user, simultaneous modulation/demodulation
- Instantaneous Bandwidth in excess of 500MHz.
- Sustained PCI Bandwidth of 3 GBytes per second.
- Two High Speed 10-bit A/D Converters up to 1.6 GSPS (Giga Samples per Second).
- Two High Speed 12-bit D/A Converters up to 3.2GSPS.
- Ultra High Performance Xilinx Virtex-6 DSP FPGA with 2000+ DSP Cores.
- DDR3 Memory Bank, up to 2GB, (256Mx64) connected to the FPGA.
- Up to 8 lanes of PCI Express 2.0
- PLL-based clock generation and distribution.
- Total accumulated jitter of 45fs @ 12kHz-20MHz; 150fs @ 100Hz - 100MHz with 10MHz reference.
- PCI Express form factor.
- Front Panel Interface including SMA connectors for analog signals I/O, 10MHz Reference IN/OUT, and Indicator LEDs.